WireLess networks and Mobile Applications Laboratory
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Bologna, Italy
Enter the WiLMA-Lab Wiki Area for more information about projects, activities and people involved.
Main contact: Prof. Luciano Bononi (email@example.com)
People involved: Dr. Marco Di Felice (researcher), Dott. Luca Bedogni (PhD Student), Dr. Ali J. Ghandour (PhD student, American University of Beirut), many students from the courses of Wireless Systems and Networks, and Laboratory of Mobile Applications.
Welcome to the temporary webpage of the Wireless networks and Mobile Applications laboratory of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) of the University of Bologna.
The website is under restyling and it will be released soon in the new version.
- 2010: WiLMA has launched the experimental lab for the students of the course 55198 - Wireless Systems and Networks (Luciano Bononi).
- 2011: WiLMA has launched the experimental lab for the students of the course 66860 - Laboratory of Mobile Applications (Luciano Bononi).
- 2011: WiLMA started research activity on Internet of Things and Mobile Applications development on iOS and Android devices (tablets, smartphones).
- 2010: WiLMA contributes to the EU ARTEMIS project Smart Objects for Intelligent Applications - SOFIA (Luciano Bononi)
- 2012: WiLMA contributes to the EU ARTEMIS project Internet of Energy for Electric Mobility - IoE (Luciano Bononi)
- 2012: in the EU ARTEMIS project Internet of Energy for Electric Mobility - IoE, WiLMA has realized a demonstrator of the Mobile Applications Zoo (MAZ): a testbench for realization, testing and benchmark of mobil applications running on real systems and emulated in syntetic complex virtual environments. The first result is the virtualization of the vehicular traffic in Bologna and the creation of a virtual emulation of electric vehicles immersed in the traffic, used a avatars for the bechmarking of service platforms and real mobile Android applications (Luciano Bononi, Marco Di Felice, Luca Bedogni, many brilliant students and colleagues from the ARCES Group lead by Tullio Salmon Cinotti)
- 2012: WiLMA contrinutes to the PRIN project STEM-NET (Marco Di Felice, Luca Bedogni)
- 2012: WiLMA started activity on Zigbee and Arduino systems development and their integration with service platforms and iOS/Android devices.
- 2012: WiLMA started activity on quadcopters and their integration with Arduino and Zigbee devices, service platforms and iOS/Android devices.
- 2012: WiLMA activated a cooperation with the Municipality of Bologna for design and creation of mobile applications and services for sustainable mobility (Luciano Bononi)
- 2012: the creation of the new department hosting the WiLMA lab: in October 2012 the new Department of Computer Science and Engineering has ben established after the merging of the Science and Engineering groups of computer scientist of the University of Bologna.
- 2012: WiLMA hosts Dott. Angelo Trotta making research on STEM-Net networks.