IFIP Working Group 2.2
Formal Description of Programming Concepts
- Established: 1964
- Chair: Igor Walukiewicz,CNRS, LaBRI, Bordeaux, France
- Vice chairman: Javier Esparza, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
- Secretary: Philippe Darondeau, INRIA, France
- Membership: 35 members from 15 countries
The primary aim of the Working Group 2.2 is to explain programming concepts through the development, examination and comparison of various formal models of these concepts.
The Working Group will investigate formalisms and models which represent different approaches to formal specification of programming concepts. The models of concern must, at least in part:
- apply to the actual and future computing milieu;
- have sufficient generality to describe total systems or useful subsystems;
- treat either problem specification or solution specification;
- provide practical guides towards derivation of:
and their support by the means of computer tools;
- assist in standards development and specification;
- have a pedagogical utility.