[Matita] Matita make install

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Thu Sep 16 17:38:37 CEST 2010

I have a question about how Matita's make install works.

in matita/Makefile we have the line:

WHERE = $(DESTDIR)/$(RT_BASE_DIR)

WHERE is the directory where matita installs things, but as you can see,
it is alway a subdirectory of DESTDIR which is the place that matita was
unpacked. The install never puts anything into designated system place.

I wonder if this is an error, or is there some aspect of the install that
I'm misunderstanding?

My current work around is to replace the above line with:

WHERE = $(RT_BASE_DIR)